Monday, June 11, 2012

Putting my Boots on

I wrote a while back about Daddy taking my Leathers away, for me to earn them back. I've now past the first step. Last week, Daddy gave me my Boots back.

It was a simple ceremony, in front of me and His Girl. He went into his room, after I'd put on his boots, and grabbed my boots out. He told me that he now felt that I had honestly begun walking the walk, instead of just talking the talk. He then gave me my boots, and told me to put them on.

To be fair, I'd been a little worried previously. I'd committed to earning my leathers, but I hadn't quite grokked what I needed to earn each piece. I know that Leather is not a set of unlockable achievements that earn you new clothing items, it's not like there's this set set of hoops that I jump through, and there's my reward at the end. There are certain elements of Leather that aren't exactly definable, that you only realise that you're following once you're well and truly on the path.

But with that said, I have sometimes felt like there hasn't been a great deal of guidance on the way. I've gone to Leather events, read book, talked to Leather people, but what my path is, and what my milestones are? It's been something of a mystery.

Now that I have my first item, I feel like I have a bit more direction now. I have some clue as to what I'm expecting, and that's a good thing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment