Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Why Submit?

Why be submissive? Why be a boy when I can be a man?

Because when you let go of your independence, when you choose to let someone else take control, You know that you've made that choice. That in that instant, you have _chosen_ to give your all to someone. That, rather than accept the hierarchies that we must deal with from day to day, in that one instant, you have _made_ that heirarchy.

Because when I cuddle into my Daddy's arms, the world melts away. For a few, solitary moments, I can give up the cares and concerns of the world, and just be my Daddy's boy. I don't have to put up a face, I can just be who I am.

Because so often, I don't trust my mind. I don't trust myself to make the right choices. Whereas I can always trust my Daddy to look at the choices I'm about to make, and help me make a choice that will make me a better me.

Because I know that being a boy doesn't make me any less of a man. Because I know that, at any point, I can choose to be a Boy, playful and happy, or I can choose to be a man, ready to deal with whatever the world throws at me. And that by making a distinction between those two states, I can make sure that I am an adult at the times I need to be.

Because, in short, I can. I can choose to submit to another, and that's a power I wish I had during my darkest times.

No comments:

Post a Comment