Sunday, September 30, 2012

Blue

Anyone who has seen me in real life has probably noticed that I'm constantly wearing blue, and anyone who has met me at a club has probably been introduced to my toybag full of blue toys. It's almost my calling card in the scene, and I have quite a few people who keep me abreast of new developments in blue bondage equipment and the like. Even my Daddy's hair is blue, although contrary to popular opinion, I had nothing to do with that one!

There's a reason I dress so heavily in blue, and why it's such a major part of my life - It's because I chose it.

Back when I was starting at University, I wanted to find a way of standing out, of having a motif that was definitively me. A colour seemed simple enough, and at the time my favourite colour was blue. So, I started to insist that my wardrobe move further and further to the blue spectrum. As years went on and on, I kept reinforcing this choice with everything I bought, until eventually my choice became an obsession, almost a fetish.

Nowadays, the colour blue almost literally compels me. When I'm looking around shops, anything in bright blues immediately gets my attention. It's so well known among my friends and acquaintances that any time they see a blue item they tell me about it next time they see me! It's become a major part of my life, enough that I'd probably have trouble changing it even if I wanted to.

And to be honest, I don't really want to. It's actually quite comforting, to have blue in my life all the time. It helps to know that pretty much everything in my wardrobe matches, even if it can be hard and a little expensive to find Leather in blue. But it's nice to have something I'm known for in the scene, even if it is a blue fetish. Also, it makes things a little easier for my friends when they try to buy things for me - they know I'll be happy with something if it's blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment