Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rescheduling

Since the broken elbow there has regrettably been a slip of schedule. I haven't been going to the gym, chores haven't been done as best as they could, the house doesn't get clean, and my bedtime has been getting rather... flexible.

This has been most unacceptable to Daddy, so on Sunday, we went out for a date and during that date we decided to sit down and get my schedules rearranged for the week.

While we looked at the schedule it became clear that I had been trying to shove far too much stuff into a far too small amount of time, and something had to give in my schedule. On Monday we also got a Dishwasher, so the chore of getting dishes done had suddenly become a whole lot simpler, and thankfully not too difficult to get done every day, so the machine-aided chores (things like washing dishes and washing/drying clothes), have now become nightly/morning chores. My pre-bedtime schedule has been standardised, so that I know that half an hour before I go to bed I'd better have done the nightly chores, brushed my teeth, and anything else outstanding, and my time in the morning has been structured more, to fit in the new chores and to make sure I don't end up late for work.

I'm now two days into the schedule, and thanks to Daddy's Insomnia the first day he was there making sure I went through the entire schedule (apparently I faff around a lot in the mornings!) Part of the schedule, as he points out, is to be mindful, and to do everything in the order that it is written. I'm still working on making sure I'm checking the schedule each morning and night, rather than remembering everything that needs to be done, but I'm sure that will come in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment