Sunday, January 10, 2010

Boys Follow Orders

So, at the moment, my Daddy is still half asleep in bed. He did not have a good night's sleep last night, a combination of myself sleeping in his bed because of a rather stressful and tiring day yesterday, and the heat from the heatwave at the moment. Now, Daddy doesn't often sleep well at the best of times, so having all this as well? Terrible sleep.

When I stay over at my Daddy's place on the weekend, one of my jobs is to make sure that my Daddy is awake by a certain time. As I never have any problems falling asleep when I want to, I always get up before my Daddy does. So, I typically spend my mornings doing my own thing (sometimes that's cleaning, sometimes it's blog-writing, sometimes it's just catching up on internet-stuff), and then head into my Daddy's room and wake him up with cuddles and kisses. It gives me a morning task to do, and my Daddy gets to wake up in a generally pleasant way, and he also gets to ensure that his sleep hygiene is kept well and good.

So, as I know all these reasons, I tend to try and make sure my Daddy stays awake after I've woken him up. I care about my Daddy and don't want him to destroy his sleep cycle more than it has currently. But on days like this, when my Daddy is extremely tired, and needs his sleep, how do I best take care of my Daddy? Obeying an order to keep him awake, clearly deprives him of much-needed sleep, but letting him sleep is going to make further sleep that much harder later on. My Daddy has said, in the half-sleep that he was in before I started writing this up, that he didn't want me to wake him up again. But is that actually what he wants? I follow his last order because I don't feel that I should go against him, but when my Daddy gives orders now that conflict with long-standing orders, and the order I follow can affect his health, how do I decide?

This, I suspect, is something that I'm going to have to talk to my Daddy about. Once, of course, he wakes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment