Saturday, January 2, 2010

Boy Get Pride

It has come to my Daddy's attention that most of the posts that I make here are made on challenging things - on things that I don't feel I do very well. In this post, he has asked me to combat this, and write a post on something that I feel I do well. This has taken me some time, and I've had to look at myself with less critical eyes, but I found one thing that I've been doing very well at, and that is getting along with people.

Since I was a kid I've had a general dislike for conflict, in any form, and so for most of my life I have worked out strategies and skills which help me defuse conflicts before they happen. It's a very useful skill in a lot of places in life, and since my new job (which is a call centre job), I've been realising more and more how well I'm built to be a social defuser.

Part of me wonders if this skill is part of my submissive orientation, because a lot of my skills involves twisting my own desires around to meet the desires of others around me (in effect, trying to resolve conflict by making sure that at least the other person has what they want. Certainly, it makes me a rather natural service submissive, happy to do whatever my dom/daddy desires me to do. I actually take a great pride in this ability, even if it sometimes causes me angst. I like being easygoing, I like being able to bring arguments to reasonable conclusions, and I like that I can make friends very easily by helping them be at ease. I think all these are good assets, for me as well as my daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment