Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Inklings: Adaptation



It's pretty much impossible to find a partner that completely matches all your kinks, and even if you could, you may not have particularly strong feelings for them. It's one of those universal truths of kink that the partner you really gel will tend to share only a few of your kinks.

Me and Daddy are no exception to this rule. As an example, Daddy doesn't like feeling electrical play. At all. The feeling is actually close to triggering for him. So, things like Touch TENS play, which I really enjoy, is not something I can do with Daddy. And on the other side, I'm not a big fan of needles, for as much the fear factor as anything else. 

But one of the wonderful things about any long relationship is that we can make compromises. We can be happy to try things for one another. So that Daddy could zap me without zapping himself, I set up a pair of forks that could be connected to the TENS, with insulated handles, and now it's one of his favourite things to do to me. I decided that I could overcome my fear of needles and let Daddy put some needles into me, and I surprised myself by finding out that actually, I didn't mind the needles so much.

And of course, since we're polyamorous, we can always get our needs met elsewhere. For example, I'm not a big fan of pain, never have, and it's unlikely that I ever will be. Sis, on the other hand, is a painslut almost before everything else. Daddy can channel his urges to hurt at Sis, and can then play with me in nicer ways.

I actually enjoy this adaptation. The thing is, noone's urges are set in stone, and we can often find that those things that once repulsed us or terrified us may eventually start appealing to us. To learn to adapt to a partner's tastes is part and parcel of a good relationship, vanilla or kinky.

No comments:

Post a Comment