Thursday, October 11, 2012

Inklings: Trollin' 2



There's another side to our Trolling, one that serves a very important purpose in our relationship: Honesty. Daddy has no use for sycophantic cronies who treat everything he says as absolute gospel - he wants someone who's able to face up to him, able to tell him when his thinking is causing him problems.

See, Daddy has one hell of an imposter syndrome. He's not very good at accepting that he's a good performer. This has come up more as he starts to become more and more requested, as he's a really good spoken word performer. So, being able to Sass his mental processes is an important part of my duty to make sure that he's as connected to reality as I can get him.

And of course the duty is mutual. I perhaps get it more than Daddy is comfortable, since I have this tendency of learning things really fast - once. After that, it takes an enormous amount of effort to rebuild my processes. This means, sadly, that I'm a really insufferable subby, and it's incredibly hard for me to take an instruction and do it, the way Daddy intends me to do it. So, of course, Daddy sasses me out a lot for doing things inefficiently, or doing something but missing the entire point of it. I'm trying to get better on this, but Daddy often confesses to me that he often feels like he's nagging me to do things, rather than ordering me.

And I'll admit, I'm having to learn to take the sass in the spirit in which it's given. It seems unfair that Daddy is willing to take my criticism, but I have so much issue in taking it. And when the whole point is to communicate honestly, it's a poor showing to be so bad at taking criticism, especially when, you know, part of my job is to do what my Daddy asks me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment