Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Inklings: Sub-dividing life



Personally, one of the biggest challenges I face in my life is turning the Sub off. I mean, it'd be fine if I was one of those Twue Subs who spend their entire time living around their Dominant, cut off from the rest of the world. But since my Daddy is actually a realist, I have to actually engage with the rest of the world.

And it's so easy to just fall into Sub mode around other people. It's easy to just hunker down, stop caring about your needs and just let yourself get taken in for whatever anyone else has in store. Certainly, I've had years of practice. Schoolyard bullies, parents, brothers, friends, relationships... Just go with the flow, let everyone else have their turn.

But in the outside world, it's a terrible idea. The whole reason why I give myself to my Daddy is because I trust him with my me. I can't make that assumption for anyone else in the world. Everyone else is more likely to take advantage, rather than treat me with respect, if I defer to them.

It's hard to turn the sub off. However, it's important that I keep trying. Because, when you think about it, If you just lie down for everyone, it rather kills the significance of doing it for Daddy. And that is not something I'm okay with.

No comments:

Post a Comment