Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 13: The Appeal of Kink

Part of my 30 Days of Kink

Day 13: Explain as best you can what the appeal of kink/BDSM is to you? Why are you drawn to what you’re drawn to?

This is slightly tricky, because I'm not one of those people who look very closely at my desires. Still, I'll give it a go.

I think one of the appeals of kink in general is that I get to not be in charge. Because let's be honest here, I'm not a leader, and I don't think I'll ever be. If I ever get put in charge of things, my leadership style is always one of facilitator, not leader - I'll always work on making sure everyone's working without impediment, rather than imposing any real vision of my own.

But to be my Daddy's boy is to let someone else's vision into my life. I get to make my goals become my Daddy's goals. Well, okay, my Daddy's desires become my goals, to be absolutely correct. But still, having a Daddy or other Dominant person in my life gives me a sense of purpose - I can work towards assisting to make the desires of my Daddy come to life.

In a sense that can be a little dangerous, because I'm not known for putting my own desires out in front. One of the things I've learnt from Daddy is that I'm not actually capable of suppressing my own desires - I get very cranky very quickly. As much as I want to not have to worry about my own desires, this is clearly not something that I'm capable of. So, I have to temper my real desire to just be a conduit for my Daddy's desires, and my real need to have my own needs met. It's not something I'm perfect at yet, and not even something I'm terribly good at. But I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment