Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 30: Wildcard

Part of my 30 Days of Kink

Day 30: Whatever BDSM/kink related thing you want to write about.

Bah! I always hate the wildcard topics! I guess that's part of me being a subby - I'd much rather be told what to do than be given the freedom to do what I want!

It's actually something that's been a struggle between me and Daddy. See, as it turns out, Dominants also have periods of indecisiveness, and hell, sometimes, a Dominant doesn't even feel that strongly about a particular decision, and thus is happy to allow the choice to be decided by their Subby.

For this particular subby, this can be very frustrating, especially when I don't have much of an opinion on the matter either.

I see this most often when the two of us go out to dinner, but haven't decided before time as to where exactly we want to go. At the start of our relationship, we'd end up spending obscene amounts of time pushing the decision onto the other until eventually one of us would break and finally decide where we're going so we could eat before we died of starvation!

And then of course, once we're at the restaurant, I'd often be paralysed with indecision anyway. There was a particular Submissives Munch I went to (without my Daddy, mind), where I was seriously tempted to SMS my Daddy to get him to decide what I wanted for dinner. That night I actually ended up deciding for myself, but it was a close thing!

These days I have better strategies for making decisions on the fly when I need to (like using coin tosses to figure out what I want), but I do admit to sometimes being a bit put out by having to make the decision. I suspect that Daddy secretly knows this and revels in the discomfort of making me have to make a decision. Although I have noticed that when I'm trying to decide at restaurants, he still has this long-suffering face, while he waits for me to make a decision. Usually because he's waiting for food.

Okay, so it's a bit of a stretch to call this about BDSM. Think of this more as a little insight into me and Daddy's daily life, which I think is just an on-topic for this blog at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment