Monday, November 8, 2010

Improvisation!

Those few of you who follow my Twitter account will probably remember recently that I was pining over the fact that finding heavy weights for Ball Stretching are quite difficult to find - Lead weights are nearly impossible to find, and heavier weights tend to be quite expensive. You can go to sex shops and get weights there, but the markup has to be seen to believed. And since me and Daddy are planning to do a CBT show at Sexpo in Melbourne this year, finding some weights so we can effectively use my Ball Stretchers has become something of a priority at the moment.

This weekend, I had a major brainwave - I remembered a while back looking at the very light dumbbells that you can get at places like Kmart and such in their sporting goods section, and remembered that you can get dumbbells as light as half a kilo. Perfect for ball stretching!

So, today I bought a couple of dumbbells while I was at Kmart buying other things, and tonight I gave them a try out. Their shape is actually not bad - it's easy to tie a bit of rope around one end to make a very nice hanger, and then from there, you just tie the other end of the rope to the stretcher. Nice and Simple!

In fact, really, the only problem that I'm seeing at all is that I might have bought dumbbells a little too light - apparently I can hang 1.5kg of weight off my balls without any real discomfort. Even swinging them around, and doing some short drops of the weights doesn't cause too much discomfort. So, I may start doing some looking to find some heavier dumbbells. I'm not quite yet ambitious enough to go right for the 5kg dumbbells, but I do want to go a little heavier.

Of course, it may well be that extended periods of time with the weights on could be a bit more of a challenge, but we're not going to get that much time at Sexpo to demonstrate, so finding something that's impressive for just a short while is actually about what we're looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment