Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 28: Uniforms

Part of my 30 Days of Kink

Day 28: How do you dress for kink/BDSM play? What significance does your attire have to you?

When I go out to BDSM events, I most certainly have a uniform. In fact, it's about the only thing I wear out to events. My uniform consists of the following:

  • One pair of blue leather pants, that were my gift to myself, purchased with Kevin Rudd's stimulus money (I'm not 100% sure that that money was supposed to go outside the country, but I'm not complaining about the result!). It is the boldest looking blue that I had ever seen, and I wear them to every event.

  • One blue and black leather harness. My Daddy and I were looking around a leather store in Melbourne, and they had a small selection of coloured harnesses, including a blue one that I absolutely fell in love with. My daddy decided, eventually, to buy the harness for me, because he saw how much my eyes lit up when I saw it. To me, it was a thing of absolute beauty, and to this day it's my most treasured leather.

  • One pair of black steel-toed boots, laced up with a way-too-long pair of blue laces. The boots were a cheap pair that I had gotten for myself when I donated a pair of my own boots to my Daddy. Because I don't wear them terribly often, they're still in remarkably good shape. The laces were actually bought at the same place that my harness was bought at, on another visit where I felt that I really had to buy something that day. Alas, the boots are really quite short, and the laces were clearly designed for a much longer boot. However, I really wanted to use the laces, so I laced it up in a way that would use as much of the bootlace as possible, but of course, I didn't use up that much, so I end up tieing the laces up once, then using the loops as laces again, and tying it up again. It looks kinda pretty, but I'm still on the lookout for a longer pair of boots.


That's my entire uniform. Every part of it has a story, as I expect most leatherboy's leathers do. I know that I've bought some of these things myself, but my Daddy doesn't seem to mind. The only trick, of course, with wearing blue leathers, is that finding blue leather polish to fix up the scuffing has been an exercise in frustration. It's difficult to find bright blue polishes in physical stores, and I'm always afraid of wasting my money by buying online, since you can never tell the colour of anything online. But I'll persevere, since I really need to take care of my leathers much better than I do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment