Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 16: Difficulties of the Life

Part of my 30 Days of Kink

Day 16: What are the most difficult aspects of having a sexuality that involves kink or BDSM for you personally?

I used to have a good answer to this question - The biggest challenge on a BDSM lifestyle was always how to situate it around your everyday life. It often felt like this magical world that could only ever enter the real world for short periods of time. Certainly, the two could never coexist together!

Of course, now I'm living the life, so clearly whatever challenges where happening in that part of my life have now neatly resolved themselves (or at least am working through them as we speak!). Learning what's appropriate where has been a rather simple puzzle to solve.

So what's my answer to the question now? I'm not sure. To be honest, the BDSM lifestyle's actually been pretty easy - the relationships always take effort and communication, but that's never been an insurmountable challenge. I guess at the moment, the big challenge is the old problem turned on it's head - these days, the challenge is the keep the BDSM thriving when there's a lot real life happening. But even then, that's not a big challenge - just sometimes, real life takes a front seat, and perhaps that's as it should be. It can sometimes feel that there's not a lot of kink going on, but we live our kink as part of our everyday lives - my bedtime, my chores, my attempts to place a schedule on my life with the help of my Daddy, these are all kink, just as much as they are real life. Sure, there's a lot less ropes and whips, but honestly, the life I have is a pretty damn good one right now! Not having a lot of play is rather made up for by the fact that I have a Daddy who'll help me whip myself into shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment